Friday, July 20, 2012

Which Came First, MS or Metabolic Issues?

Okay, I over did it yesterday.  I had an appointment at 8:30 am with the massage therapist, which was wonderful by the way.  A 9:30 am appointment with the my acupuncturist, which just enhanced the results of the massage.  At 11:00 am I had an appointment to get my haircut and I had made plans with my dear friend Vivian to have lunch afterwards.  Vivian and I had a wonderful lunch and an awesome time of fellowship.  Vivian struggles with fiber myalga and other invisible aches and pains.  Because I work we don't get to visit with each other much, so we have really made an effort to meet up with each other the days I have been coming in for my appointments.  We were enjoying each others company so much that we included a little shoe shopping into our lunch date.  We did not get back to her house until 4:30 p.m.  My original intent had been to come back to her house, rest for an hour or two, do my grocery shopping and then attend a meeting of the Arizona Cowboy Poets Gathering.  Either way I knew I would be pushing it.  Mom suggested I drive home with her and leave my car at my office.  I could drive back in with her first thing in the morning so I could do the grocery shopping I did not get done yesterday.  I agreed. Oh did I mention we did not get home until 9:00 pmish  So I drove back into town with mom this morning, with the full intent of running my errands as quickly as possible and heading home before noon.  Oh, did I mention I was exhausted when I got up this morning.

We got to town before 9:00 a.m. so I had to kill a little time, until I could go out to Costco, which was fine, I wanted to visit with my friend and co-worker Karen.  As she was catching me up on what had been going on at work in my absence I began to feel very overwhelmed and weepy.  I love my job and I miss the interaction with all of my co-workers and clientele.  But to be honest I am mostly freaked about the fatigue thing and wondering if I will be able to go back to work and function at an acceptable level.  I left there knowing that I really needed to talk to Dr. Susan.   I was just going to leave her a note and ask her to call me however,  I burst in to tears in the waiting room, when I could not think of the message I wanted to leave her, which got the staffs attention.  They told me to take a seat they would see if she would mind taking a few minutes to see me before her next patient.  God bless her, she took a few minutes to talk with me.  Long story short she said I am really dealing with a metabolic disorder and that in my case rest, rest, rest is the best medicine.  It is not caused by the MS but the MS probably does not help it.  I know, I know she told me this before, but just differently.  I have been laying low, not going anywhere or doing much of anything.  I am not good at just laying around.  Oh by the way instead of going straight home after talking to her, I went ahead and ran my errands, not getting home until about 3:30 pm.  Okay, now I am really, really, really, really tired!!!!  She says I need to go lay on the beach, anyone win the lottery lately and willing to sponsor my beach bathing:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment