Monday, July 16, 2012

Flaxseed Wrap and Cherries

After two or three weeks I am starting to get bored with the things I have been eating.  I need to come up with a couple of new items.  Today I tried making something called a Flaxseed Wrap.  The ingredients are easy to obtain.  It tasted pretty good, but like most gluten free breads, tortillas, etc it did not stay together very well.  Cheese definitely would have helped:-)

Since today we can add fruit back into our diet my fruit of choice is cherries.  I love cherries.  I bought two or three pounds a week ago when they were on sale.  I don't plan on eating all of them, my plan is to dry the majority of them for future use.  I think I will go pit a few to eat now that I think of it.

Flaxseed Wrap
Healthy Wheat Belly-Shrinking Recipes

3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
Pinch of sea salt or celery salt
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the pans
1 tbsp water (you can use assorted vegetable juices to alter the flavor if you wish)
1 large egg

Mix together the ground flaxseeds, baking powder, onion powder, paprika and salt in a small bowl.  Stir in the 1 tablespoon coconut oil.  Beat in the egg and 1 tablespoon water until blended.

Grease a microwave-safe glass or plastic pie plate with coconut oil.  Pour in the batter and spread evenly over the bottom.  Microwave on high for 2 or 3 minutes until cooked.  Let cool about 5 minutes.

To remove, lift up an edge with a spatula.  If it sticks, use a pancake turner to gently loosen from the pan.  Flip the wrap over and top with desired ingredients.

Emailed a MS life coach today, hopefully I will hear back from her.  It is somebody I read about in a  MSFocus magazine.  If she does not contact me back I am contacting the National MS Society, I need to get some perspective on where I go next.  Will keep you posted.

Love,
Pam

P.S.  I just figured out today how to title my posts:-)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are reaching out to someone in the MS society. I will be praying just the right person contacts you.
    Hugs
    Keri

    ReplyDelete