Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day

What a hot dry summer we are having here in Middle Tennessee.  I can't remember this ever happening in the 17 years Craig and I have lived here.  They have even banned fire works which is legal here in our county and sad for all the people who make their living selling them twice a year.I will definitely be staying inside today as the extreme heat really does me in!

Yesterday was another day of not really staying on track.  I did good for breakfast and lunch but ended my day by eating seven layer dip for dinner with corn chips...I am so weak.  We were supposed to go to a party and had made the dip for that but when Craig come home he was on the verge of heat exhaustion and so we decided we had better stay home.  Well we couldn't let the dip go to waste.  Poor excuse but it's all I've got.

This morning we slept in and so I skipped breakfast and  had salad with tuna and lemon juice, olive oil and spices for dressing.  Yummy!  Then I decided to toast some chick peas for a nice crunchy snack.  They turned out better than in the past.  I roasted them in a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes shaking the cookie sheet about every 5 minutes.  Oh I drained the can rinsed and then patted them dry tossed them in some olive oil and garlic.  When they came out of the oven I sprinkled with sea salt.  They are pretty tasty!

We are headed to a 4th of July gathering so I am trying to make a few things so that I will not be tempted to cheat.  I will let you know!  Once I really get started it will not be so hard, the trick is to make things ahead so that you are able to grab things when you are hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment