Thursday, July 5, 2012

I started my period late Tuesday night, which always adds to the fatigue and the nerve pain. Not to mention sending me on an emotional roller coaster.  I have a call in today to Dr. Susan about the Evening Primrose Oil, since my period started much later than it should have.   I have to admit I have been feeling like such a whiner.   I don't look like I am not well and when someone asks me how I am feeling I hate telling them I am bone tired, because then I think they think well so am I, everybody gets that way.  And to be honest then I start thinking I am just a big baby and to suck it up or "cowboy up", especially when I have a spurt of energy and I want to jump into some project or another.  Take a deep breath Pam and just take care of yourself, and don't worry about what other people think, it is not important.  I know that is what Keri is thinking as she is reading this:-)

As for the diet, I notice that the yeast rash on my foot is all but gone.  I am not sure if it is the diet or the monistat I have been rubbing on it.  My guess is that it is both.  Either way I am glad that it is clearing up.

Yesterday, I ended up only eating a late breakfast and dinner.  I have to confess that I usually have a plain rice cake with almond butter and my Teeccino when I first get up.  Dinner was grilled summer squash and beet greens from my garden, yum!  Everyone else had hotdogs, corn on the cob and watermelon.  I could not think of any meat that I was interested in eating.  I was actually quite satisfied until about 9:30 ish when I had another rice cake with almond butter.

I tried a new recipe this morning for Autumn Power Porridge
3 c water
3/4 c steel cut oats
1/2 c quinoa, rinsed
1/4 tsp salt (I did not add)
3/4 c canned pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I made up my own by looking up a pumpkin pie recipe)
3 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup (I used a touch of stevia to just my serving)
1/2 c dried cranberries (I did not add, but I wanted to)
1/3 c coarsely chopped walnuts toasted
Milk optional (I splashed on a little almond milk)

In a large saucepan, combine water, oats, quinoa and salt.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat: cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Stir in the pumpkin, pie spice and agave nectar.  Remove from the heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed and grains are tender.  Stir in cranberries and walnuts.  Serve with milk if desired.  Yield 4-1 cup servings

I made the full amount and have stuck the excess in the refrigerator for any easy breakfast for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment