Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It really stinks to go to bed feeling exhausted and then to wake up exhausted.  I am praying that a month of rest and this diet make a huge difference.  This morning I made turkey sausage patties and served it with quinoa topped with toasted almond slivers, cinnamon, cloves and a splash of almond milk, all very good and satisfying.

I am trying to cook up extra grain whenever I make it for breakfast.  Then I divvy it up in to sandwich bags and freeze it for another morning.  That way I can quickly make breakfast most mornings.  So far i have done that with millet, amaranth and the quinoa.  I have made extra turkey sausage patties to have on another morning also.

I hate to burst your bubble little sister, but for at least the first week you should avoid the following:
All Dairy Products (butter)
Eggs and egg containing foods
Foods containing wheat, rye, barley - anything with gluten
Corn and food containing corn (popcorn)
White potatoes
Tomatoes
Fruits and foods containing sugar
Chocolate and colas
Yeast containing foods
Coffee and alcohol
Soy, peanuts, beans and other legumes (peas)
Coloring and additives
Beef, Pork, bacon, sausage, hot dogs, lunch meat

After 5 to 10 days or when there is a significant lessening of your symptoms you start adding back in the foods that you think are giving you fits.  They suggest you do so in a specific manner if you are interested I will share that with you as well.  But to be honest I keep reading the Yeast Connection Cookbook and I feel there is a lot of contradicting information.  I actually think now that I have written this out I will follow the list that I went with when I did the elimination diet and determined gluten was a problem for me.  Only I will exclude all fruit and foods containing sugar and anything with yeast, which includes all vinegars and any sauces with vinegar.  I also think I will eat like this for at least 3 weeks and then try adding back the things I think are problems for me or not.  We will see how I start feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I was just following the diet Dr. Susan gave you. But I will just have to readjust!

    ReplyDelete