Thursday, July 19, 2012

How it looks on the outside isn't how it is on the inside

I know that we have been blogging about our progress on this diet, but I felt compelled to talk about having an invisible illness.  As my sister and I were talking the other night and she was telling me how hard it is when someone asks her if she is feeling any better she feels it so much easier to just say yes than try to explain how completely exhausted she is even though she has been resting.  She may show a bit of that on the outside but I am sure, as I know first hand, that it doesn't appear on the outside so it is very hard for people to grasp.  I am certainly not blaming anyone I just know that sometimes you just want to stay in your own little hole so as not to have explain how you are feeling.  I was telling her that it has become very hard for me to commit to any one's invitation to do something as I am never quite sure how I will feel.  No you don't want this to rule your life, but you do have to learn that if you push you will pay the consequences so you have to decide whether it is something that you will be able to recover from quickly or will this set you back for days.  With the summer heat, which is enemy number 1 for me, this is important for me to weigh. 

Anyway, I wanted to say all this because it has become so important for me to have a group of people who understand where I am and what I am going through so that I can share and not be judged.  Friends and family do not mean too, but a lot of times they say things that can really hurt you when really you just want someone to listen and hold your hand.  I am blessed with a group of women that I am able to share all of these things with and they with me.  We cry together, laugh together, and hold each other close, praying for complete healing all the while as we know that our God is in control of our lives.  God has also blessed me with a sister who understands and we are able to share our good days and bad with each other.  Also knowing that God has a purpose for us and that through these struggles we will be able to help others.

If anyone reading this that suffers from a chronic illness or chronic pain please don't suffer alone.  There are groups out there that are positive.  www.restministries.org is a wonderful website.  On there you will find a tab for Hopekeepers.  If you will  click on this and put your state or zip code in it will let you know if there is a group in your area.  Maybe you will be called to start your own group, this will bless you many times over.

God is good and He endures forever!  Do not loose hope reach out!

Love and Blessings
Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment