Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thank you Lord for a beautifully cool morning and a little moisture!  It really helps.  I actually spent about an hour in the garden picking the last of the beets, harvesting swiss chard and a ton of basil.  Now to find some recipes to use up the beet greens beside sauteing them.  The basil I want to turn into pesto, but that includes cheese and olives.  I will have to see what other recipes I can find.

I ate a lot of chicken yesterday.  I wish I had a good source of fresh fish and then someone else to cook it for me.  I hate cooking fish.  I have to admit I have been eating  pork, but that is because one part of the book says to, so confusing!  I have one last little piece thawed out so will eat this morning and then avoid for awhile and see if that has any impact.  Lots of salad also yesterday also, which is great at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment