Saturday, July 7, 2012

I actually spent @ 4 hours reclining in one of our zero gravity chairs under the apricot tree with the misters on yesterday.  I read a whole magazine and just dozed.  I could really get use to this:-)

I am so excited that Keri's stomach is feeling better.  Hang tough little sister, the cravings for the foods that you crave will subside and you will find substitutes.

I ate lots of veggies yesterday in the form of couple of different fresh salads.  And I had a beef burger last night.  It was so yummy, it is from one of the steers we butchered recently.  Since going on this yeast elimination diet I have lost 8 pounds.  I am really hoping that it helps with the fatigue also.

Here is a new salad idea for you:
Arugula and Pea Salad
2 cups peas, shelled
6 cups arugula
4 cups swiss chard, stem removed and torn into bite size pieces
3 green onions thinly sliced
1/4 c olive oil
1/4c lemon juice

Cook peas in boiling water for @ 3 minutes.  Plunge into ice water to cool off.

Place arugula, chard, onion and peas in a bowl and toss.

Mix together the olive oil and lemon juice.  Drizzle over salad and toss or drizzle or individual servings.

Salt and pepper to taste.

I especially liked it, since I was able to use peas and swiss chard from my garden.  Unfortunately the peas are down for the season, but I still have swiss chard and my tomatoes are starting to set!


No comments:

Post a Comment