Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 6 and 7

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  It was a beautiful day of worship and by the time we got home I was famished and ready for a nap!  When I woke up it was time to meet some old friends we hadn't see in years for dinner. 

Saturday I finally made it to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods!  So wish we had one on our side of town!  When you go into a Whole Foods you just feel healthier!:)  Well at least you feel like you should be healthier.  I did most of my shopping at Trader Joe's as their prices are so much better.  I actually made it home with two large bags of food and only spent $40.  I thought that was great in and of itself as it of course costs more to eat better.  I now have some chips I can eat homemade salsa with and I also got some hummus.  I am a snacker so I needed some "grab" food.  I also bought some almond butter, some brown rice pasta, more steal cut oats and some raw almonds, and sunflower seeds.  I ate oats for breakfast and a salad for lunch and had grilled chicken and squash for dinner Saturday night.  Yesterday I was good and took the rest of my oats with me to church and ate them as I prepared for our little ones to arrive.  Sunday mornings are hard as our church has a cafe with the best pastries and biscuits ever!    Yesterday I pretty much ate the same as Saturday except I had a handful of nuts in the afternoon to satisfy my snacking urge.   Last night I ate grilled chicken and vegetables at the restaurant it was satisfying.:)  I am looking forward to next Monday when I can have 1 piece of fruit a day.  Maybe by then I will not really care if I have anything sweet, but right now it just sounds good. 

More later I must get my day going. 

Blessings
Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment