Saturday, July 7, 2012

Eating to live not living to eat!

Eating to live not living to eat!  This has become my new motto.  Not that "Clean" eating is not tasty because it really is once your taste buds decide it so!  I just need to remind myself that I am doing this to live better and feel better but sometimes as the old mind set comes flooding by and tells me lies like, "just one little taste of that yummy roll won't hurt", well yes it does because then I want more!:). 

I woke up feeling so much better yesterday.  Thursday I ate very well and my stomach was so happy!  Yesterday was another success!  The only thing I still have to give up is the coffee and a bit of creamer and I hope to resolve that today when I go to Trader Joe's for some grocery shopping.  I will pick up one of the substitutes that is on our diet plan.  It has also helped to prepare my meals, several portions, ahead so that I am not tempted to eat the wrong things.

This morning I am dragging a bit, but I also worked Thursday night, doing one of my last hair clients, and I worked yesterday in my new position at the salon as mentor, educator and coach, which is quite frankly by dream job.  I am sure the extra pain I had last night was the aftermath of doing the hair, but just not being home and resting when I need too also plays a part in that.  Each week of my life finds me learning what I can and can't do and how much I need to pay attention to my body is telling me. 

Here is to another day of success! 

Keri

1 comment:

  1. Way to go little sister! I am so glad that your tummy is feeling better. You will get to where the food that is not so good for you won't be tempting.

    ReplyDelete