Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Homemade Pork Tamale vs. Sweet Potato with Pecans

First of all I would like everyone to know that eating garbanzo beans and cherries in the same meal is not a good idea.  Definitely had major stomach blow up.  I am happy to report when eaten at different times there does not seem to be a problem:-)

This morning mom called to tell me that Maggie had just delivered fresh homemade pork tamales to her and that she was having one for breakfast.  It made the sweet potato I was microwaving less than appealing.  But at least I know that not eating the tamale prevents me from having a migraine.  Something that corn tends to do to me:-(  Actually the sweet potato drizzled with a little walnut oil and topped with toasted chopped pecans was pretty good.

Last night I had Pad Thai noodles with sauteed swiss chard and scallops.  Yummy.  The Pad Thai noodles are made from rice and I really like the texture when cooked.  I think you would really like them and they can be found in the Asian section of the grocery store.

Today I am going to try some recipes out of the Yeast Connection Cookbook.  I will let you know how they turn out.

I went to bed completely exhausted last night and woke up almost as tired.  This is really getting old!  I am going to check out the National MS Society website for the discussion groups as you suggested.

I have decided to steal Ahnnah's saying, "I am fine, except for my condition":-)

No comments:

Post a Comment