Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How my first day went

Well, I promised myself that I was going to be very honest here for myself, my sister and anyone reading this so they would know that this is not easy!  Yesterday I started my day with a cup of coffee and a bit of creamer, as this is something I am having to wean myself off of.  Then I had a bowl of oatmeal, plain of course.  Drinking lots of water as it reminds me of eating paste.  I will have to get to Trader Joe's today and get some Steal Cut Oats, so much better plain.  I had a meeting for work at 10 am and of course they had doughnuts and fruit!  Ugh, two of my favorites and not on my diet.  I refrained until 11:45 and then my grumbling stomach got the best of me!  I ate some fruit.  Only a tiny bit, but none the less I ate it! 

I had to run home and pick up Clay as he was flying to Arizona to be with my family for a few weeks.  I had no time to plan some lunch and he was wanting Taco Bell so I again cheated and had a burrito, which beans are on the diet but not tortillas or the sour cream.  I did only drink water:). 

Dinner time found me rummaging through the refrigerator for something to fix Craig and I for dinner.  We had left over chicken so I managed to make a really nice salad with Chicken and I used olive oil and lemon juice for my dressing.  Not so bad on the dinner. Did I mention the chicken was fried?  Ha, I did manage to pull off the breading as much as possible, but I am sure I still had a little of that.  Again lots of water.  Drinking water and nothing else is not a problem for me as most drinks whether they are carbonated or not really make me feel bad.

We ended the night with popcorn with real butter and a bit of salt, all by the way on the diet!  Yay. 
Today promises to be better as I am going to the store to stock up on foods I can eat so I won't be tempted by the ones that are not. 

All kidding aside I am really trying to make an effort as I have had so many stomach issues as of late that I am desperate to do anything that will help!  Until tomorrow!

Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment