Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Evil Twin

Today my evil twin over took my body and I lost the battle over a tortilla and a bag of Peanut M&M's:). I know you might ask why a tortilla? Well I made tacos for my men last night and just ate the meat and lettuce and some homemade salsa, but tonight when I got home from work I just wanted to eat all of it wrapped up in a yummy homemade tortilla and I couldn't fight the urge as my hormones are ragging right now! It tasted so good! Then I took Clay to basketball practice and on the way we stopped and bought a couple big waters and the M&M's were right there calling to my evil twin, "Buy me I am so yummy"! I ate the whole bag and now I have a belly ache. I know I should be stronger than that, but I said I would be truthful through this whole journey, so I am telling you the truth.   I also must add the rest of my day I ate really well, as that does count!

That was yesterday and today I am back on track.  I tried something different for breakfast today.  I cooked some old fashion oatmeal and put a tablespoon of almond butter in it and stirred it all up.  It was really yummy and stuck with me much longer than just oatmeal or just a rice cake with almond butter on it.  I did steal the idea from a friend who is a nutritionist and had suggested the idea with peanut butter. 

I can tell you that being gluten free is definitely a key for me.  I know that is what has caused a lot of my stomach problems.  One thing I have had to be careful with on this diet is to eat enough protein and to keep my potassium up.  I am looking forward to my two weeks with no fruit to be up so that I can at least have 1 piece of fruit a day.  I really like to have a banana in the morning with my breakfast, or some blueberries in my oatmeal.

The other thing that I know is that being able to control my environment and rest when needed has made a huge difference!  Praise God.  I am so hopeful for you sister that this will too make a difference for you.  It took awhile and I also I had to keep reminding myself that the reason I feel so much better is because I have been taking it easy.  The mind wants to say otherwise, like you should be doing more since you feel better!  Lies.  When you have an illness that no one can see and even you know it but when you look in the mirror you can't see it, well you tend to be much harder on yourself. 

I pray that this journey that we are on will help us to grow closer to God and only rely on what He wants from us not what others expect from us. 

Blessings to you,
Keri

P.S.
Pam maybe you should try a bag of Peanut Butter M&M's sure made me feel better;)  Love ya

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, only you can make me cry and laugh little sister.

    ReplyDelete