Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sugar it's in everything!

This morning I realized that I have been chewing gum all this time that I was supposed to be giving up sugar...yep, that's right I have been chewing gum with SUGAR in it! I am very sensitive to sugar substitues and I always chew gum that has sugar in it. DUH! I will be giving that up too! Still haven't found anything I like as much as coffee, so I guess I will just have to give that up too! I did buy some stevia, but it also seems to upset my stomach. I guess that is just the sacrifice of trying to be sugar free! Enough whining. The last few days I have been eating alot of salads with either chicken or tuna on them. I put a few raw sunflower seeds on it to give it a little crunch so I won't miss the croutons. Tuesday night I made stuffed peppers with ground Turkey, spinach, brown rice and salsa. YUM. Last night I just ate the stuffing without the peppers as there was extra left over. In the mornings I have been either eating oatmeal or having a rice cake with almond butter. I am not much a breakfast person, but have been making an effort as I know it is the most important meal of the day. I also find that if I eat small amounts throughout the day it makes it so much easier. I do believe cutting out all the bread that I love so much has made a tremendous difference. I haven't had any real stomach problems except for the stevia since I started this. Have a blessed day! Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment