Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Hello everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since I posted anything. We went to Arizona to be with family for the holidays and where we were the internet service is run by gerbils! Ha well maybe not, but it is sooo sloooww, I couldn't do it!

I hope you all had a nice Christmas and are planning something safe for this New Years Eve. Ours was great, it had been 5 years since we had been home for Christmas and our whole family got to be together, it was really nice!

Well lots to catch you up on...I found this wonderful website called restministries.com it is a great website for people suffering from Chronic pain or chronic illness. They have great resources. As I had mentioned before our church is going to let me start a Support Group. I have found some great stuff from this website and looking forward to partnering with them for the support group. I have not yet set a date or time for it to start. We have an open house/kick off at church on Wednesday night and then again the following Sunday and I will have a booth set up there to see what kind of interest I get from there. If you are reading this and are interested please either leave a post or you can email me at painfreejourney@gmail.com with a day of the week and time that you might be interested in. My hope is to kind of get a feel what people are looking for and then I will decide from there. I am excited to meet some other people who understand what I am going through. Just to make sure poeple know this is for Chronic pain and Chronic illness sufferers, but I want people to know that if they are suffering from long term pain that may go away we welcome you too! Please pass this on to others that you may know who are in need of some support, I would love to hear from them.

I went to the Neurologist yesterday. I was in hopes that he had come up with some new treatment option for me, but once again my hopes were dashed. Sometimes I do wonder why I go back. We discussed the deep brain stimulator again and it scared me even more, not to mention that insurance doesn't cover it and it would cost approximately $50,000.00! I don't think so. He gave me a knew drug, well it is an old drug but new to me, to try, but I haven't picked it up yet. I can't even remember the name. I do know it is in the antidepressent family. I have tried Cymbalta and on other but they make my blood pressure so low I can't stay on them. He thinks this one my work, so I will try as the others did help with the pain I just couldn't take them. I will keep you up to date.

Happy New Year!

Blessings,

Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment