Friday, December 4, 2009

Blessed

The last few months I have learned what it means to be truly blessed. I have always felt blessed with a wonderful family and lots of good friends and so many other ways, but when friends and complete strangers step up to help you in a time of need it is truly a humbling experience.

Wednesday night my friends Lauri Mayfield, Heather Scott, and Trent Willmon, put on a benefit concert for us to help with the sermounting medicatl bills that we have had through out this journey. I was so nervous about them even having the benefit and felt so unworthy. The evening was wonderful and I had a chance to talk with so many people who I knew and those of you who I had never met before. I was able to share my story and talk with others who either have some kind of illness or knows someone who does. So many people donated their time...all the guys in the band and many others who showed up to sing and use their God given talents to help out. Craig and I have no family here in Nashville, but you wouldn't know that by they way our community and friends have come to our aid. Thank you to any of you who may be reading this. We love you all and are so greatful. God has truly blessed us!

Keri

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment