Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hello! It has been way too long!

I have been idle for way too long. I have had so many problems with my computer as of the last year that I have let my blog go by the way side. I am back in business now and ready to get back to writing.

It has been a very hot summer here in Middle Tennessee. I have spent a lot of time inside as the sun and the heat are a culprit for pain in my life. That used to really bother me and make me sad, but I have learned when and what time of day I can be outside and have left the sadness behind. I look at it like I am saving my skin by not being able to lay in the sun anymore:).

We have two new members in our family now. My father-in-law has moved in with us and his sweet dog Blue. It has been an adjustment but he truly seems to love being with us and have seen him smiling a lot as of late. God is good and will continue to work this for His Glory.

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Keri

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Keri! I just stopped by to see if you had any blog posts I may use again for http://invisibleillnessweek.com - I'd love a submission if you'd like! see "submit article" on the link above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I found your blog while researching something. My journey currently involves helping our youngest who has Down Syndrome and some other issues to have a healthy happy life and also I have right side nerve damage that resulted basically in me feeling like I'm forty on my left side and 65 on my right as I walk. :) But I'm learning alot and healing. I do alot of med. research online. I hadn't heard of Thalamic Pain before that I can recall (yeah I have memory issues too sometimes). I look for natural ways to heal people. By using what God has provided we've been able to help our son alot. I will put a study below. I go to www.pubmed.com alot I will pray for your healing... a miracle or with some other provision from God. He has GOOD plans for you! Hugs, Ali in IL Jeremiah 29:11 goodplans4you@yahoo.com Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 1990 Feb;15(2):112-5, 128.
    [Effects of radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae on visceral pain discharges in the posterior nucleus of the thalamus in cats].
    [Article in Chinese]
    Liu C, Shi W, Sun L, Zheng Q.
    SourceDepartment of Internal Medicine, China Air Force, Dalian Hospital.

    Abstract
    Extracellular microelectrode method and stereotaxic technique of brain were used to investigate the effects of Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae on the discharges of visceral pain in the posterior nucleus of thalamus(po)in cats. Experiments showed that Radix Salvia Miltiorrhizae inhibited the discharges of visceral pain in po, Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae acts directly on the peripheral nerve trunk and cannot block its exciting conduction. This suggests that the analgesic effect of Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae is exerted via central nervous system.

    PMID:2117934

    ReplyDelete